Answer ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to each question.
1. Have you discovered your True Purpose for Money,that which is more important than money itself?
2. Are you invested in the Market?
3. Do you know how markets work?
4. Have you defined your Investment Philosophy?
5. Have you identified your personal risk tolerance?
6. Do you know how to measure diversification in your portfolio?
7. Do you consistently and predictably achieve market returns?
8. Have you measured the total amount of commissions and costs in your portfolio?
9. Do you know where you fall on the Markowitz Efficient Frontier?
10. When it comes to building your investment portfolio, do you know exactly what you are doing and why?
11. Are you working with a financial coach versus a financial planner?
12. Do you have a customized lifelong game plan to guide all of your investing and spending decisions?
13. Do you have an Investment Policy Statement?
14. Have you devised a clear-cut method for measuring the success or failure of your portfolio?
15. Do you fully understand the implications and applications of diversification in your portfolio?
16. Do you have a system to measure portfolio volatility?
17. Are you aware of the incentives brokerage firms and the financial community have when selling commission-based products?
18. Do you know the three warning signs that you are gambling and speculating with your money versus prudently investing it?
19. Can you identify the cultural messages and personal mindsets about money that destroy your peace of mind?
20. Are you ready to shift your personal experience of money and investing from a scarcity mode to an abundance mode?
Scoring:Give yourself 5 points for every ‘yes’ answer.
85-100: Amazing Investor – Congratulations! You are among the most educated, diligent and confident investors. You have experience in the investment markets and understand what it takes to be successful. Now is the time to support your current knowledge with discipline and educational reinforcement.
65-80: Better Investor – as a Better Investor you have been around the block a time or two and maybe have had some less than successful investing experience. Now is the time to expand your knowledge about investing and begin to make some solid choices about your financial future. To achieve this seek answers to the questions you missed.
45-60: Common Investor – You are not alone. Like many investors, you may commonly find yourself uncertain and confused about how to make the right investment choices. If you don’t already have an investor Coach, who you trust completely, now is the time to build a relationship to last a lifetime.
25-40: Discouraged Investor – It is easy to be discouraged when you have been doing what you thought were the right things with your money without success. You may have followed all the advice you have read in financial magazines and newspapers, yet you are not getting the exponential results you had expected.
0-20: Frustrated Investor – Flustered and confused, you may wonder where to begin – how is it even possible to wade through all of the information that you are being bombarded with on a daily basis. Sort through the process and find a path that is right for you.